Special Collections Department
HOGARTH PRESS: 1946 TO THE PRESENT
John Lehmann, who became a partner in the Press after Virginia Woolf relinquished her interest in 1938, terminated his partnership in 1946. Leonard Woolf sold Lehmann's share to the directors of Chatto & Windus in London, a distinguished name in literary publishing. Since 1946, the Hogarth Press has been an allied company of Chatto & Windus, and it has continued to publish in the tradition of Virginia and Leonard Woolf.
Back to the UD Special Collections Home Page